Thursday, September 18, 2008

Taylor's soccer excursions




So, Taylor has expressed an interest in soccer since she saw her friend playing last spring. So, we found the cutest pair of pink cleats at a yard sale and I took that as a sign from God that she was supposed to play. Okay, that might sound a bit heretical (is that a word?), but I take pleasure in the small things in life.


She was able to play in a small soccer camp over the summer and had a blast. Her coach was from England so for the first few days she couldn't understand anything he said. By the end of the week, she had a blast. So we signed her up for a mini's league that plays right down the street from us every week.


She loves it and is only disappointed when she can't personally score a goal for her team. She's got her father's competitive spirit and also his inability to be a good spirited loser. So, after a few tears each week, she is finally able to have a good time. Although, her favorite thing about soccer is the snacks after each game!

1 comment:

kalle said...

i didn't know you had a blog! and now I do. I will be checking it often:)